Friday, July 21, 2017

The time has come!


It's not too much of an exaggeration to say that Tyler Technologies, the company I work for, owes most of its success to me. After all, my insistence on reliable nightly server migrations proved to be the key to allowing the development organization to realize their full potential in delivering quality code.

And yeah, Tyler's been good to me. I've been buying into the company stock plan since I was fresh out of the egg, six years ago, and let me tell you, that ain't chicken feed! But honestly there's just not that much more for me to accomplish where I am now. Sure, I keep an eye on the dev org day in, day out, and sure, I keep an eagle eye on Andy to make sure he stays out of trouble, but honestly it's been a long time since I've had to screech about a broken build. I can't help but feel I need to get out in the world and stretch my wings.

So for now I'm bidding adieu to Tyler to head off on a journey of self-discovery! I don't know what I may find, or how long it will take, but it's a wide wide world out there. Time to hit the skies and see where my wings take me!

No comments:

Post a Comment